Need To Make a Claim?
The goal at All America Moving & Storage is to provide a great move experience. While we do everything in our power to prevent damages, we do have processes in place to address them should they occur. In the event of a claim during the course of your move, please follow these steps to ensure proper documentation and notification
- Always be sure to complete your inventory check-off sheet at the time of delivery (also known as the ‘Bingo Sheet’ or ‘Customer Check-Off’), noting on the form the arrival of all items and any condition discrepancies that are noticed.
- In the event of any damages, be sure to notify your consultant when the damages are found. Depending on the type of move and the contract that governs your services, your consultant will help guide you to the right process that should be followed when filing your claim.
- All claims must be received in writing within the acceptable time frame from your delivery date, as specified by your Bill of Lading and/or by the contract that governs your move.
- Damaged items must be retained for inspection by an adjuster – any items discarded prior to inspection may be disallowed. This includes any boxes that the damaged items were packed in by All America Moving & Storage.
- Please be specific in describing the extent and location of the damage in question.
- If a repair is not possible, please document the expected replacement cost.
- Missing items that are claimed and not noted on the inventory check-off sheet will not be eligible for reimbursement.
If directed to do so by your consultant, a claim can be filed electronically through the Atlas Van Lines Claims Service. Please follow the instructions on the site, and let your consultant know if you have any questions.